Interior architectural lighting and event lighting for the ancient Priory and Church English Heritage site in Northumberland.
Founded in 1135 for canons of the Augustinian order, Brinkburn was restored in the 19th century and now survives in its entirety as Northumberland’s finest example of early Gothic architecture. It is easy to understand why the Augustinian canons who arrived at Brinkburn in 1135AD chose this beautiful setting for their priory, lying as it does in a hollow, almost surrounded by a loop in the River Coquet.
Parts of the monastic buildings are incorporated into the elegant adjacent manor house. The magic of Brinkburn Priory lives on in the visitor’s memory long after its graceful Gothic architecture and glowing stained glass have been left behind.
Project Lighting Designer Neil Skinner whilst at 1860 Lighting Consultants (2004).